1) Learn to put on your bracelets and zip up your dresses by yourself. There will be times when you will be alone.
2) Get on a long plane ride. Look out the window. Understand the immensity of our world. Understand your insignificance. Understand your absolute importance.
3) Press the send button. If you don’t say it now, you never will.
4) Do not sneer at happiness or roll your eyes at sadness. Be aware that apathy is not healthy.
5) You are more than the amount of people who want to have sex with you.
6) That pit in your stomach when he doesn’t text you back, it shouldn’t be there. No one should be able to control you like that.
7) Shopping is cathartic. Buy the shoes and deal with one-ply toilet paper for a while.
8) It will get better, but it will never be perfect. Learn to live through the small moments of happiness. When they disappear, remember they will resurface.
9) I promise that cookie will not change anything (except that it will make you smile).
10) Please, please, take care of yourself. You are everything to somebody. You are everything to your self. That alone is enough.
All parents damage their children. It cannot be helped. Youth, like pristine glass, absorbs the prints of its handlers. Some parents smudge, others crack, a few shatter childhoods completely into jagged little pieces, beyond repair.
fun fact: you don’t cure depression by telling me i have nothing to be sad about
another fun fact: you dont cure anxiety by just getting up and doing whatever it is that makes you anxious
I almost forgot my briefcase!
it contains important lab results
Danny and G. I could cry.
"Don’t take a nude pic if you’re a famous woman and don’t want it leaked."
"Don’t wear a hoodie if you don’t want to be mistaken for a criminal and shot."
"Don’t get drunk at a party if you don’t want to be sexually assaulted."
"Don’t argue with a cop if you don’t want to get killed."
"Don’t walk home by yourself if you don’t want to get raped."
Victim blaming 101: Everyone should live in fear from ever doing anything.
Let’s raise children who wont have to recover from their childhoods
THIS IS SO IMPORTANT I STOPPED BREATHING
Music saved me; I mean, my upbringing was like a hurricane, and music was the tree I held onto.
From 18 to 22 you meet a lot of temporary people.
it seems that everyone i’m friends with is better friends with someone else and that really fucking sucks